Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Kids Day!!


Kid’s Day is something that the crazy Hauquitz kids came up with when they were young to weasel gifts and movies out of their parents another day out of the year and it has been passed on to our kids generation. :)  They argued that there was a Mother’s Day and a Father’s Day, but nothing to celebrate kids.  So, they decided that July 20th each year would be dedicated to the celebration of kids.  Now that I have kids I could say that every other day of the year is centered on them, and what’s another one?  But in all honesty, we LOVE kid’s day and it ends up being more of Family Day as we give a toy or game or something that ends up bringing us all together to play with it all as a family.  And this year I wanted to write things about each of my kids to celebrate who they are and I have not done that enough so I am thankful for the Hauquitz kids and their collaborating to get new things.  Thank you for giving me a day to really celebrate my kiddos!!!  Happy Kid’s Day!!


1 comment:

  1. Bryn, my eyes filled up with tears as I looked through all the pictures and read your descriptions of all the kids. Not bad tears of course, but tears of missing those kids and all of you so much. Keenan, Elliot, and Lucy are just incredible kids, and you two are such amazing parents as you love them, point them to our incredible God, have fun, and give yourselves and them lots of grace. Thanks for allowing us to continually be with y'all through your blog photos and writings! Love you guys so much! Hooray for Kids Day!

    ReplyDelete