Wednesday, October 20, 2010

School and friends

Keenan started school!! In the French system, kids can start school at 3 and we found a great Christian French school here to send Keenan to and he LOVES it! Every day when he is getting ready to walk out the door he tells me, "Mom, I love school!" He goes 4 days a week and he is the only white kid in the whole school. He has funny stories when he comes home that crack us up and we can tell that he is thriving there. The first day was sad and he didnt want to lay down for rest time with everyone but the principal called Craig and after Keenan got to hear his daddy's voice saying that it would be fine he went right down and he has been great with it ever since. One day on the way home I asked him if he wanted some cookies and milk when he got home and he said thoughtfully, "well, do we have any onions?" "yeah, we have onions. Do you want me to cook them or just eat them raw?" "I just want them raw. Let's have onions!" And another day I asked him when he got home if he was so happy to be home and if he missed us so much when he was at school and he looked at me and said, "No, I was fine! Really!" Stinker. Meg asked him after his first full week of school what his teachers name is and he responded, "Umm....Five?" "Five?" "Yeaaah, Five.... weeeell, maybe I dont know." We are so thankful that he is loving his time and learning so much along the way. The picture above is him in his school uniform. Snazzy!
JW turned 3!!! This is the boys, Meg, and me at his Cars birthday party. So fun to have friends to celebrate with!!
Keenan and JW's reaction when they saw they were wearing matching shirts. Its funny because both Meg and I bought those at Wal-Mart before leaving for birthday presents for the boys without knowing the other one did the same!
A rousing game of Lightning, Lightning, Mater! Although when anyone was chosen at the goose, all three boys would jump up and run screaming and giggling around the room.
And for the grand finale the boys watched the movie Cars as they ate their Mater cake.
They were all glued like they had never seen it before!
Elliot couldnt take his eyes off either
Elliot just wants to stand ALL THE TIME now! He has crashed quite a few times because he thinks he is stronger than he is and lets go to lean over and get things, but the screams only last for a little bit and then he is at it again.

The boys got out all of my cooking stuff and "baked" for an hour today. They made cakes, pancakes, cupcakes and cookies. And brought them to me to eat. Let me tell you they were delicious!!! I asked what they put in their cake and here is the recipe from Keenan and JW:
2 Cups Cupcake Flour
4 Eggs
9 Cups Sugar
A BIG Milk
4 C Chocolate
Stir with a spoon and then you have to bake it in a hot oven for 2 minutes. Voila!



Look at those adorable faces!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Keenan is the funniest...I'm so glad you post these stories!! I miss you guys!! And also...go, Elliot, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of Keenan in his school uniform! I can't believe he's in school! Love that little guy, and love you guys too!

    ReplyDelete