Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brothers

Ahhhh!! Our internet has been so so so slow and it has not let me upload pictures until just now! I have quite a few to put up but I might just put them as separate posts so it actually gets one up for all of you wanting to see the kids smiling faces. So, since I have not been on campus or gotten out of the house much since our summer project left, I have turned into a semi crazy woman. I have come up with the most random things to do with the boys and a photo shoot was one. So, here are the top 5 since the blog thingy will only let me upload 5 at a time :) This first one is the only one that I got of Elliot smiling and of course, the only one where Keenan's eyes are closed and he is acting like he is asleep. Figures :).


They have really started playing together and it is so fun to see them interact and hear Elliot belly laughing at Keenan's silly faces. And Im loving that they can entertain each other for a bit and I can get a little bit done.
Sweet boys! As I was typing that I have turned into a crazy woman being home alone with the boys all the time, I realized that might sound alarming. There are times definitely where I think I am going to lose my mind and need a little adult conversation where I am not correcting someone's behavior, or answering the question of "why?" 50 times, but all in all we are doing well. I have been reminded in my times with the Lord of how short this season really is where I am home with the boys all day. Before I know it they will be gone and maybe even moving their little families away to a foreign country. Its hard to imagine it all in the midst of giving a spankin but I know that my parents have said this all goes by way too fast and I am really enjoying making binoculars out of toilet paper rolls and homemade playdoh. I love making them giggle and even better when Keenan can get me to laugh really hard and the look on his face of sheer joy that we are laughing together. One of his new phrases when we are doing something together is "We're having fun, huh, Mom?" with raised eyebrows and a huge smile on that sweet little face of his. There are times of great joy and also of great shame as I mess up and react more out of anger than really the big picture of what is going on and really how old they are. I just keep thinking that we as humans learn by modeling FAR more than teaching and I have to be really walking with the Lord day in and day out as I minister to my kids and train them in the way they should go. And that is not a task that I can take lightly. Oh the joys of parenthood, right?! Im loving it and wrestling with it all at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. love this post :) i love the pictures of them, and also your honesty. you're doing a great job, sister.
    "we're having fun, huh, mommy?" :) too cute!

    ReplyDelete