Friday, October 19, 2012

Lucy Mae's big month



This little girl is growing so fast!!!  And this past month she decided to shoot up in the development and now she is EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING!!!  She grew a new tooth, started clapping when we say “Yeaaa, Lucy!”, learned to sit up from laying down, and then days after that she started crawling.  Not just army crawling, either.  Up on all fours, going everywhere.  Fast.  Oh, how I do want her to grow and I very much celebrate her sweet accomplishments but Im already missing the days where she would just sit content with a pile of toys surrounding her.  Now she bypasses all the toys and heads straight for the trash.  Or the broom.  Or is that a ball of hair in the drain?!  Let’s taste that!!  Now that she has gotten a bit more independent her exploring never stops.  And sadly the way little angel babies explore is with their mouths.  Lucy is really really gross in this,  She has shoved large amounts of sand in her mouth, grass, shoes, a hairball from the shower drain, a millipede, and today she opened up her diaper and started “exploring” her poo.  I know, sick.  But this little lady is FAST and with two others running around my every second vigil on her is slacking so we just have to pray for a strong, healthy immune system!!  But on the other hand, she is stunning and adorable and snuggly and giggly and has the sweetest sounding babble and has a huge cheezy smile that makes us laugh so hard and she blesses everyone’s socks off as she beams and reaches for anyone who comes over, strokes her cheek and says hi to her.  She is easy going for the most part and just a sweet munchkin.  I took these pictures today of her in our yard.  With the help of a dear friend here, we made this dress for Lucy from some fabric I had left over from one of my dresses (that the tailor made, definitely not me).  It was a super super simple pattern and it turned out pretty cute as long as you don't look too closely and see how lopsided and crooked the stitching is.  Ill keep trying.  I can only hope to be half as crafty and a sewing whiz as my sweet momma.  Good thing Lucy Mae is only 8 months and does not care one lick about even stitching.  She only wants to eat the ribbons :)


I balanced her first but she is getting stronger at standing.  Yikes.  Not ready for a walker/runner quite yet!

Her little two bottom teeth

cheeeeeeeeeese

I love the progression of these next few pictures.  She first shows me what she would like to eat while giggling with excitement

Then goes in for a little taste

double checking with me  that she's not going to get in trouble
mushing it around to see what it tastes like

Yuck!!!  Not so good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment