Tuesday, May 22, 2012

sick sick sick

I have been super sick for the past few days with what I think is strep.  We went to the dr yesterday and they did a bunch of blood work and found it was not malaria which is great but my numbers for white blood cell count was sky high and my throat had big nasty white spots in it.  Fun, right?  My fever has been off and on and it is excruciating for me to try to talk.  The pain starts in the back of my throat and then has climbed up through my jaw to my teeth, the inside of my ears, behind my eyes, and then down the back of my neck.  I cant ever remember having this much constant pain with strep. ahhh!  But hopefully things will look up as the drugs kick in :)  But in the meantime, my Keenan Boy is so incredibly tender and sweet that it has brought me to tears time and time again!  He constantly asks how Im doing and bears with me in the sign language motions I have been using with a gentle smile on his face.  Then every time I shake my head no to his question of if I feel better or not, he then asks if he can pray for me.  And he does.  My sweet little 4 year old sits and closes his eyes and from his heart asks for the Lord to quickly heal his mom.  It blows me away and makes my heart hurt with love and humility.  Keenan is ridiculously amazing and I love that tender hearted guy!!  Today after school he got some paper and brought it to me and asked how to write I hope you feel better.  I wrote it down for him and a few minutes later he finished this masterpiece for his momma.  Again, tears and a hurting, swelling heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment