Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Holidays are here!!!!!!

Merry Merry Christmas season!!!!!! Our trees are up, the house is festive, and the boys are excited!!! Cant you tell :)!
Rewind a bit to Thanksgiving. Due to all the ins and outs at the hospital and all the pain that both Craig and I were in we didnt really fully get to experience Thanksgiving dinner or even get to make anything to have the house smelling like stuffing and pie. Craig and I did make it over to our friend's house to participate in the eating for a little while before the pain got too bad for me to sit still anymore and we were definitely grateful for that, but it just was not the same. It was a bit hard but our dear friends graciously gave us all of the leftovers and we had our Thanksgiving dinner at home the next day with our team. It was so delicious even the second time around!!!!
Then on Saturday I was feeling better and up for decorating the house a bit so we put up the trees and lights together.
The boys super interested in everything going on
Just playing with the ornaments. I am extremely thankful that they dont make glass ornaments here. They are all shiny plastic balls. The biggest reason why Im thankful for this is the way that Elliot thought the tree was supposed to be decorated. At first he would just take as many as would fit in his little fists and dump them on a branch somewhere. When he saw that they were all just falling to the floor and not staying on the branch he changed methods to throwing them one at a time as hard as he could at the tree to see if they would stick that way. Finally with some coaching he got the hang of it and decorated one branch of the tree very very nicely :)
Ahhh, still dont know why it puts everything out of order but this is just a sweet picture of the boys and their enormous train track playing together.
Elliot's spot on the tree.
Even though it's fuzzy I love the look of sheer concentration in his sweet face!
Keenan LOVES Christmas!
Reading stories together under the tree
Spiderman even showed up to help decorate :).
As a quick update on our health Craig is doing great and healing well finally. He still has a bit of sensitivity in his stomach but for the most part he is doing really well. As for me I tried getting up and doing some small things for a couple of days but began having stomach cramps again so I am back in bed pretty much full time. It has been a roller coaster of emotions where one minute Im doing fine and feeling good about even getting some things done (like posting pictures on here) as I rest but there are other times when the boys come in and want to go swimming or run around in the backyard and I have to say no with tears in my eyes because I just want to play with them. I really miss my family being stuck in my room all the time. I have to remind myself 100 times a day that I am fighting for this little life growing inside me and for me to be in bed is the greatest healing, fighting and helping that I can be doing for our little girl for the moment. So, while praying for patience and understanding, I stay put and so has baby girl thank the Lord! Two more weeks...two more weeks...two more weeks. We'll make it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment